200 locomotives of the 56xx class were built by the Great Western Railway in the 1920’s.
5637 worked in the South Wales coalfields under the GWR and passed to British Rail when the GWR was nationalised.
With the end of steam on British Railways 5637 was withdrawn from service and sent to Woodhams Scrapyard.
After 10 years in the scrapyard 5637 was purchased for preservation and taken to the Swindon & Cricklade Railway.
This photograph was taken at the East Somerset Railway.