The impressive stone gate piers are all that remain of Springfield Park, Trowbridge, after it was abandoned by its owner William Stancomb who moved to an even grander home at Blount's Court, Potterne. The big house was demolished in 1958, having stood for little more than a century. The fortunes made by entrepreneurs in the woollen industry were mind-boggling. That they could build a grand house and abandon it so soon indicates phenomenal wealth.
After demolition, the land was developed as a housing estate and one of the properties has these gates at the end of its garden.